Sunday 5 June 2011

How Can I Change The Name of My Windows XP User Account?

My wife got me a brand new Windows XP computer. But I cannot change my User Account name from %26quot;Administrator%26quot; to %26quot;Van%26quot;. I Google%26#039;d my question and a few websites said to go into %26quot;Control Panel%26quot;, click %26quot;User Accounts%26quot;, click on %26quot;Administrator%26quot; than click %26quot;Change Name%26quot;, well I clicked on %26quot;Administrator%26quot; and there was no %26quot;Change Name%26quot; option. Is there another way to change the name of my Windows XP User Account? I toke a screenshot to show a little proof that there%26#039;s no %26quot;Change Name%26quot; option.





http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/x鈥?/a>





Thanks|||click on the %26quot;administrator%26quot; icon,and there should be a new set of options there.|||try reinstalling your Operating System . . then customize your Windows XP Account|||It may be because you are password protected. I can change mine with the instructions you got from elsewhere. Start-%26gt;Settings-%26gt;Control Panel-%26gt;User Accounts. And I have an entirely different screen to yours. So I figure if you remove the password it may change things. Or create a new account. You can also open Outlook Express-%26gt;Accounts-%26gt;select your name and click Properties, then you can change your name but don%26#039;t change your mail account address.

No comments:

Post a Comment