Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I change the name that appears in the 'author' section of yahoo groups?

Before my yahoo ID, my groups display my full name which I must have submitted at some point, but I am not sure that I want this displayed as it comes up on google search etc - how can I change it, and can this be done retrospectively? Also is there a way of hiding your personal email from others on yahoo groups?





If not, is it possible to delete all of your posts before leaving a group?





Thanks!|||if it%26#039;s on the yahoo profile, go remove it. then go check your yahoo account which a link is located at the top of a home page- Sign Out, My Account] click my account. back space to the first letter of the last name.





only if a group allows members to hide their e-mail, can you. if a group chooses this, the group looses the polls feature and you cant post from an e-mail server. this setting does not default to all members, each member has to go an check this option per their own group settings.|||I;m having the same problem and i don%26#039;t think people are getting what we are talking about. it is the part where it says author when your in a group. i have changed it before but dang i don%26#039;t remember how i did it.

Report Abuse


|||Check the following link for possible help:


- What information is publicized when I participate in Yahoo! Groups?


http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/鈥?/a>





More about Yahoo ID%26#039;s:


http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/id鈥?/a>





To delete all of your posts before leaving a group, you would have to query the message archive using your Yahoo! ID; to find just your messages. Then you can delete one page (of 25 messages per page) at a time manually.








I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment