Sunday 5 June 2011

How to change the name of my computer, the way google shows me doesnt work!?

I went into Control Panel%26gt; Performance and Maintenance%26gt;System%26gt;Computer Name%26gt; and then I changed the name, and I restarted the computer. But older files and my iTunes library and stuff stills has the old name of the person that owned it before me. My system is Windows XP!! Does anyone know how to change this so old files and my iTunes library doesnt have the name of the person that owned it before me. Thanks so much, sorry it was so long! :)|||Some things you need to change manually.


~


You can go into Windows Explorer and change the name of folders.





You can run regedit (if you know what you are doing) and search for the previous owner%26#039;s name and change every instance to yours.





Or you can just change them as you come across them. Or ignore them.|||if you have xp home you have to restart in safemode and claim ownership and permissions of the local hard drive. for windows xp pro, do the same thing, but without safe mode.|||Do the following:


Click Start%26gt; Right-click the %26quot;My Computer%26quot; Icon then select properties.


Click the %26quot;Computer Name%26quot; Tab.


Then click %26quot;Change%26quot; button and a window should pop up letting you change the computer name. Enter your computer name, and where it says %26quot;Word Group%26quot; put %26quot;MSHOME%26quot;.


Hope this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment