Saturday 24 September 2011

Domain Name and Search Engine question?

Hi,



I created a website uploaded it to hosting and then got a domain name. My website showed up on google as the domain name. I.e. www.mywebsite.com



Now that has dissapeared and it is showing the actual website where it is hosted... i.e. www.hosting.com/user/webpage/page20



How do I get this changed back to the original domain name and not the long winded hosting address.



Thanks
Domain Name and Search Engine question?
I am a webmaster with 4+ years of experience, you could do that in any other search engines, but the way Google spider works now, is to look at the source after follow again, it will recognize and it would replace it with the natural hosted page.

The Google brain is keep getting better and better tools to do all these and day by day it gets smarter and smarter.

The only way to do what you want to do is, to use the domain provider that comes with full tools that you could mask the domain name with adding keywords (These days most of domain providers have this future, if you don't know how, just call them and ask %26quot;How could I mask the redirect and add keywords, that I think you already have done that), but here is the point: Don't add meta description %26amp; meta keyword in the hosted page, this way your domain name uses keywords for search engines, and the hosted page doesn't, so you win the search with the domain not the hosted page.

I have done this and it has worked, because your domain name is out there in the same keyword that you have find the hosted page, but just not in the same page as the hosted page appears; the hosted page appearance will drop the other domain to lower possition in the same keyword, so you do the opposite by taking the meta power from the hosted page and keeping the domain masked with assigned keywords.

I have done this and it will take time to see the result, depends on the keyword popularity, and I don't think that anyone knew this (maybe), so thank me the way it goes in the Y! answer.

I hope the info was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment