Saturday 24 September 2011

Where can I find out more information on the following subjects?

My father sent me the following information. My questions follow in paranthesis.



Yes, I could ask him for more details, but at 81 yrs old getting this information was a miracle.



The very first (medical) practice I worked for was my own. I set up private practice in my home town of west frankfort in 1954. (That would be in Franklin county, Illinois. - How do I get the name of the practice or any other records on it for that year?)



The following year I was offered the position of Director of Health Service at SIU, which I accepted. (This would be Southern Illinois University in or near Carbondale, Illinois, 1955.) I stayed there until 1971 (Would like to know how I can track down records on that by e-mail if possible.) when I left to join Bob Walker in Indiana to found BEDS Inc, so I worked for myself again (in a group of Docs) for the next 10 yrs. (Wed site and/or history of Beds Inc.?)



I left in '81 to join the Health Service at ASU (Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona. He worked at the Student Health Center %26amp; was also the sports team doctor for a short time. How would I find documentation to verify this?) where I worked for about 17 yrs before coming to Flagstaff. While 'retired' I worked part-time at the Health Service at NAU.



In 1962 I got a Sabatical from SIU and went to Mashoko for 9 months. (Moshoko was in Rhodesia, Africa. Now it goes by a different name. I would like to know what that name is and if the mission hospital there still exists. Rhodesia is now Zimbabwe. I think that the name change came after '74.)





In 1974 I went to S. Rhodesia and worked in Dr Gottliebs practice for 4 months

In 1985 I went to Kenya and worked at Tenwek Hospital for several months.

In 1987 I went to Niger and worked at Galmi Hospital for several months.



I believe that the last two or three lines of his statement are presently academic. I'm sure that I can find the information on a Google search. The other stuff has been difficult to find.



His name is Dr. Richard V. Lee and I am his son. I would like to surprise him for his birthday with a written biography on this information for nostalgic reasons.



Your help is sincerely appreciated!
Where can I find out more information on the following subjects?
Ok you do have a lot of questions so I'll do my best.



To find the name of the first medical practice contact the local city or county genealogy society. They should have the old phone directories. Could also be in the public library.



Contact the University for information on past staff members. Any personal details would require your father's signature. Google the info on Beds, Inc. (Keep in mind that the mental souveniers of our parents is not 100%.)



Once again for the info in Tempe Arizona contact the University



The information regarding the work in Africa is probably the hardest to track down and verify. Political boarders have changed but I would try contacting the Doctors without Borders organization to get the details.



I wish you all the luck in the world in this venture.
  • dvd movies case
  • connecting database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment