Saturday 24 September 2011

A virus changed the destination and possibly name of my files, how can I find them?

-I use windows vista

-my restore system only back to Dec. 7th, where I still have everything the same.

-i have tried google desktop, windows search and detect my files.

-the virus' name was Security Tool, it's not %100 out yet
A virus changed the destination and possibly name of my files, how can I find them?
Download a copy of Ubuntu.



It is an OS that is immune to the viruses.



Burn the .iso to a CD.



Restart your computer with the disk in the drive (make sure you set your bios to boot from disk)



When it boots up, choose the run from disk mode so that your computer settings will be unchanged.



After it is running, take some time to get to know the OS.



Go to the %26quot;Places%26quot; tab on the menu and choose your hard drive.



You will be able to look at all of your files on the computer and should be able to access any file that have been contaminated.



After you clean up everything dual boot your system and use Ubuntu so you don't have to worry about getting anymore viruses.



Tons of videos on youtube on how to do it.
A virus changed the destination and possibly name of my files, how can I find them?
delete virus
Try this:



http://www.spynomore.com/security-tool.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment