Wednesday 21 September 2011

When I type My Name into google My Facebook page comes up-i have changed my privacy settings but the link stay?

When I type my full name into google my facebook comes up. But i didnt want this so i changed my privacy settings and when i click on the link now it then directs me to the %26quot;facebook%26quot; page itself. So now the link is still there on google and i dont want it to be cause everyone can see i have facebook. How do i get rid of this %26quot;invalid%26quot; link?

Because the link takes you to the homepage of facebook and not my page so surely i can say something or report it?



i really dont want my facebook on google.



thank you xx
When I type My Name into google My Facebook page comes up-i have changed my privacy settings but the link stay?
Ok, well I am having the same problem. Except mine is a deleted yahoo answers question that still shows up in their search.



Infact I just asked a question about that.



Well more bad news for you. Guess what. If you go to your face book link on google. You will see an option called %26quot;cached%26quot; on the bottom. If you click on that you can still see your entire deleted page from face book.



Actually my parents were smart enough to figure that out and they found my yahoo answers question even though it was deleted and I was kind of scolded.



But I did some research. Basically When their computer will scan the page again. It will go away from their search. I know someone said that their page went away after 4 months.



Anyways. I asked my question in november and deleted it the same day. It still shows up in the google search. So I am not sure how long it will take for them to delete it.



I have asked some other ones and I really need them to get deleted. So if you find any info please email me about it.



good luck
When I type My Name into google My Facebook page comes up-i have changed my privacy settings but the link stay?
I don't have Facebook.

So I don't really know how it works.

But can you change your name on Facebook?

I don't know that they're going to be able to do much about that.
facebook is just like any other website, all the pages are indexed, and unless you change your name on everything, it will still show up on google
It is good when google shows up our name on the search. Not for you, it shows the name up on google who are all having facebook account. It has been indexed by google. Better in order to avoid your name, you just delete your account from facebook. If you wanna facebook account then create it with dummy names.

No comments:

Post a Comment