Wednesday 21 September 2011

How do you make IPB Forum Portal the Home Page?

I had an IPB portal page as the homepage for my website. So all you had to do was go to www.mysite.com and it would directly take you to the portal home page. I recently had my website name changed so when you go to the main page, it takes you directly to the forums but doesn't allow you access because your not registered. Some how it changed something and I can't figure out what it was. I've tried google and yahoo but can't find any answers to this. Does anyone know how to make the portal the homepage?



I found some instructions on how to change some lines in the index.php but some of the coding is not in the 2.1.4 version since that method is made for the version 1 series.
How do you make IPB Forum Portal the Home Page?
If you have access to the web server configuration file, just point it to the login page.



Or add a home page (default.html, index.html, whatever the server uses) with a permanent redirect to the login page.



Or rename your pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment