Friday 16 September 2011

How to change folder name of Owner on Windows 7?

Hey, right now on my computer I have 2 accounts. One being me, and one being my mom.



When I first ran the Windows 7 setup, it asked me for the name of the computer, so I typed in, %26quot;BriMoms%26quot;. Now it seems like on MY account, the folder name under %26quot;Users%26quot; is BriMoms, but the one for my Mom is just, Mom.



Is there any way I can change this? I would like the folder to say Owner or just Brian.



If you still don't understand, I'll map it out. So I go to Computer, Local Disc C:, Users, and in that folder there is, %26quot;BriMoms, Mom, and Public%26quot;. The BriMoms is my account, while the Mom is my Moms. How would I go around to changing the name of the BriMom folder?



I already did all the things I found on Google. Such as editing the registry strings, and changing the name under Computer Management. Still no luck. I hate the name of that folder now.



Thanks in advance.
How to change folder name of Owner on Windows 7?
Control Panel/User Accounts. Change the name of the account.

No comments:

Post a Comment