Friday 16 September 2011

How do I get my name off Google or Yahoo?

I Google-d myself one day and found facebook links to notes I wrote so I deleted the note and changed all my privacy settings. I even deleted all my applications and it is still there. Then I tried yahoo and I found an old account I found on a social networking site from years back. i deleted the account but it still shows up when you search my name in yahoo.



HOW DO I STOP THIS? :(
How do I get my name off Google or Yahoo?
I'm not sure. That's the same thing that happened to me!

But, I Google-d my name too and it actually shows my family members and everything! If anyone can say why it does this...and how to get it off that will be helpful!

Thanks.
How do I get my name off Google or Yahoo?
It's like trying to stop telemarketers from calling you
you cant. thats why u have to be careful with what you post up on the internet
There is an internet archive. So a lot of the information on the web is saved somewhere forever.



http://www.archive.org/web/web.php



That being said. Wanting privacy on the internet, is not really practical. Anything you email, blog, upload, or post, can potentiality be traced back to you, so with that being said...



Be careful with what you put out on the internet, don't trust just any website with your information. Anything you put out there could potentiality be made perminantly public, so be careful who you trust it with.



It would appear however that you can create a google profile for yourself if you'd like to put your best foot forward when being searched for...



The double edged sword of information...

No comments:

Post a Comment