Friday 16 September 2011

How to change Google search results on Wordpress?

I have a website that im using wordpress with. I have registered a domain, and am using my own hosting. When i google my site, the details that show up are my theme name and the very bottom text %26quot;Powered by Wordpress%26quot; but nothing related to my site. Help is greatly appreciated.
How to change Google search results on Wordpress?
I assume you mean that this is the text returned by Google on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).



If so, there are two parts of this:



1) The subject line of the listing. This is the bolded part that you click on. It is generally drawn from the title tag of the page.

2) The body of the listing. This is the one or two lines below the subject line. This comes from either the content of the page (what's probably happening in your case) or the META Description tag (which probably isn't set).



You can set the Title and the META Description of your WordPress pages on a page by page basis using various SEO plugins. I've used both All In One SEO Pack and Platinum SEO Pack with success.

No comments:

Post a Comment