Friday 16 September 2011

I changed my domain name to an older domain and google dropped me from the 1st page!?

I changed a domain I had for 6 months to an older domain that I had, thinking that this was going to help with google results. I was at the bottom of the 1st page, but I WAS on the first page. under baby photographers denver searches. When I changed my domain name is knocked me off!! I have no idea where my new domain appears on google! Is this just a temporary problem until google crawls through my site, there weren't any significant changes to my site so I have no idea why google would knock me off into page 1,000,000. Do you think I would get better placement as soon as google indexes my new domain name? How long would this take? I forward my old domain to my new domain, in case that's useful information. Thank you.



old domain...http://www.jamadophotography.com

new domain...http://www.mystopphotography.com
I changed my domain name to an older domain and google dropped me from the 1st page!?
Google indexes the domain, not the server/ip address, the name change would appear to them to be a ne site using duplicate content of a site they have already indexed.



It would have been way better to start up the old domain name without disturbing the working site. You can still put back the 1st name before it gets deindexed. You can link the 1st site to the second one, maybe redirecting some pages if you know what your doing.



Yahoos site explorer reports 11 pages and 119 inlinks to jamadophotography

and 12 pages with 11 inlinks to mystopphotography



The number of links to the domain name is the main factor used to rank your site, it take time for links to be found and longer for them to contribute to ranking.
I changed my domain name to an older domain and google dropped me from the 1st page!?
is there a different content in your site as opposed to what it has before?
I think the first domain name is better in the search engines. i mean more people are searching that domain name. This is what I first make sure when I build my own web sites. The more search-friendly the domain name is, the better. I think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment