Friday 16 September 2011

Name Change Cost?

Does the fee to change your name get higher if you are changing you first and last name vs. just a last name? In other words, to change both names would it cost more than it would to change only one? I know the prices differ depending who you o to, what state you live it etc. (BTW i am in PA).. But I was wondering if it would be extra to change both first and last. My search on google was unsuccessful and i am not ready to see an attorney about it yet. Anyone with experience in this, can you answer, please? THANK YOU!!! Also, Can anyone tell me about how long it takes? the whole proccess i mean. THANKS
Name Change Cost?
ABOUT $45
Name Change Cost?
Flat rate for the change. It's a legal action you are paying for, not an administration deal. Call your county clerk; they can give you an idea of the filing fees and if you need a lawyer.
well in Washington, its just a filing fee and thats why it costs so much, and regardless of how many letters or words you change you still have to pay that filing fee, so i dont think it would change....



i changed mine without a lawyer in WA... maybe you could just do it yourself and not involve that price lawyer... i was in Ohio and if i did it there, i would have had to have it posted in the newspaper (in the court/legal section) for 30 days.. but i didn't since i was in WA...



i filed the papers, paid my fee (about 145 dollars including extra copies of the court order for other agencies like Soc Security), and went to the probate court on my date and the Judge made me swear it was not for tax evasion or fraud purposes and then signed off on it... i received in the mail a few days later.. Then i had to update my Soc Security number to reflect the changed, my school records, my health records... It really wasn't as painful or as time-consuming as i thought it would have been... whole thing just took a few weeks... painful compared to living with the other name for the first score of my life, lol!!



P.M. me if you need anymore help--



good luck Sweets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment